Monday, August 13, 2018

Acquiring That Elusive Book

On February 24, I wrote:
I wasn't quite ready to try reading the books of Augusta Huiell Seaman.  Her books are high on my reading list and are, by the way, the only books I have admitted to having high on my list.  I feel that I need to work into Seaman's books because of the difficulty I have in switching between modern and vintage books.

Additionally, I want to wait a little longer because I still need to acquire one book.  Please don't ask which book, because I am not going to tell you.  I prefer to keep that information private, since I have had people take advantage of me when they know that I need a certain book.  They will price the book much higher than if I did not need the book.  I will hopefully be able to locate the book in the next few months, and if not, then you'll know by which book I skip when I read and review Seaman's books.
In June and July, I read through Augusta Huiell Seaman's books, despite lacking that one elusive book.  I wrote the reviews, and now most of the reviews have been published.  Finally, I acquired The Vanderlyn Silhouette, which arrived in the mail today.  I searched for a copy for 14 months.  The Vanderlyn Silhouette is one of Seaman's most scarce books.




This acquisition came just in time.  I have published the Augusta Seaman reviews up to just five books before The Vanderlyn Silhouette, which equals two Augusta Seaman blog reviews.  The review that should include this book will publish in the next 7 to 10 days.  I should be able to wait until this weekend to read the book.  I want to read the last 2 1/2 Trixie Belden books first, and I hope I can do that by this weekend.  At that time, I will read The Vanderlyn Silhouette and will adjust my remaining Augusta Seaman reviews.

No comments: