Sunday, July 21, 2024

Protecting My Nancy Drew Action Figures

Last year, Wandering Planet Toys had a Kickstarter.  I was one of the backers, and my action figures arrived on June 1.  If you missed out on the Kickstarter, some action figures should show up eventually on the secondhand market.

I had left the action figures in the shipping box until tonight.  I didn't want them to collect dust, and I hadn't felt like getting them protected.  

Here are some pictures.

Click on images to see them at a higher resolution.








I also received the Nancy Drew novela, Case of the Curious Collection.  The novela was only available through the Kickstarter.  I do have some extras, and eventually I will sell them.




Last year, I purchased a roll of cellophane on Amazon.  

100 ft Clear Cellophane Wrap Roll


The cellophane is fabulous.  It was exactly what I needed.  I had some larger collectible items that I needed to get protected, and the cellophane was perfect for my application.  The cellophane is crystal clear and very thin.  It is exactly like the cellophane that is wrapped around gift baskets and similar items.

I did not want my Nancy Drew action figures to be collecting dust, so I finally wrapped them in the cellophane tonight.  This way when dust collects, it will instead be on the cellophane.  I can gently wipe the cellophane to remove the dust.


In the next photo, all of the action figures are wrapped in cellophane.


While visible, the cellophane is not obtrusive.  I like knowing that dust will not collect on the action figures.

I highly recommend this cellophane wrap if you have any larger or irregularly shaped items that need protection.

No comments: