Friday, August 11, 2023

eBay and Etsy Stores Back to School Update

I previously stated my intent to keep my eBay and Etsy stores open during the start of the school year.  In my last post, I wrote:

I'm already having an increase in symptoms, including some distinct memory problems.  The memory problems will worsen when I go back to work.

So... the plan is to keep the stores open.  If I end up too impaired, then I will shut down without warning.  We'll see how it goes.

The symptoms that I was already experiencing were due to my latest medication change.  Since my body is already in flux from the medication, this puts me in a weakened state where a flare can come on much more easily.

I went back to work yesterday, and some noticeable inflammatory skin reactions had begun by the time I got home.  My lips were irritated by yesterday afternoon.  This morning my scalp hurts.  The skin reactions indicate that a new autoimmune flare is in progress, and that the flare is likely strong.

Feeling my neck, I can tell that the swelling in the left lobe of my thyroid has increased in the last 24 hours.

I feel okay, other than the back-to-work adjustment that everyone feels.  The trouble comes in 7 to 14 days.  There is always a delayed reaction where increased fatigue and significant mental impairment hit me in the couple weeks after a flare.  And I already have mental impairment from the medication change.

I have been mulling over what to do since last night.  As of right now, I expect to close my eBay store tomorrow morning.  eBay is the site with the more rigid expectations, so that will remove some stress.  Also, I don't have that many sales anyway.

I will try to hang on to Etsy and keep it open.  The main reason is because I pay for each listing.  It's kind of silly, though, because I pay a monthly subscription to eBay.  However, I'm locked into the monthly subscription, since I get a lower rate when I renew by the year.  eBay has more sales, so it's more worth the cost.  That's why I feel like I should stay open on Etsy if possible just because I get less for the cost.

As of right now, Etsy will remain open for at least one more week, but I could deactivate the listings at any time if I find it necessary.  

If you want to buy something on eBay, you should do it today.  If there's something you want on Etsy in the near future, it would be a good idea to get it purchased just in case.

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay

Jennifer's Series Books on Etsy

Keep in mind that how I feel this afternoon could cause me to decide to close Etsy by tomorrow morning.

Remember that if you have a health condition, whether it's autoimmunity or some other chronic condition, you should feel no shame in not being able to do everything that you would have done years ago.  Each of us must be content do what we can.  Be kind to yourself.

No comments: