Friday, August 18, 2023

eBay and Etsy Stores on Hiatus

I deactivated all of my eBay listings a week ago.  Today I deactivated my Etsy listings.  I had hoped to stay open, but having to prepare packages is increasing my stress.

My stress level is very high right now, and I will pay for it.  Today is the ninth day since I went back to work.  I do not yet have severe brain fog and fatigue, but I'm pretty sure that both are imminent.

The left lobe of my thyroid is swollen, and I can tell that the T4 output from my thyroid has decreased.  I have hives that are worsening each day, and my dry lips have increased to a nearly unbearable level.  I am likely in a full flare.  As I mentioned, today is the ninth day since I went back to work.  The brain fog and fatigue typically begin 10 to 14 days after the beginning of the flare.  Since this is day 9, I expect the drop will begin in 1 to 5 days.

I remain ever hopeful that the drop won't be bad and that it will pass quickly.  It is a possibility since I'm no longer on the dreadful NP Thyroid medication that caused a high level of inflammation in my body.  I was still on it one year ago when school started.  

I had one Etsy package to prepare last night, and I found that I did not want to pack it.  I had to force myself to do it, and that was when I decided to end my listings.  At least now I won't have to force myself to package anything.

In the past, people have asked me to let them know when I reopen.  The responsibility shouldn't be placed on me.  The better option is to follow my stores.  

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay

Jennifer's Series Books on Etsy

If you follow me on each site, then you will receive notification when I reopen.  I hope that I can reopen in a few weeks, but more realistically, I will reopen during fall break in the middle of October.  I usually need the first quarter of the school year to fully adjust to my work schedule.

I will remain active on Facebook.  I will also post in this blog periodically when I feel like it.

1 comment:

Travis Ketchum said...

Hi Jennifer, Hope you feel better soon. The start of the school year is always VERY stressful. Take care of yourself!