Friday, September 27, 2019

Dana Girls #21 The Haunted Lagoon

In Dana Girls #21, The Haunted Lagoon, the Danas are invited to visit Chincoteague Island off the coast of Virginia.  The girls have been tasked with finding a missing former sea captain.  Ken and Chris hope to find buried treasure.  And I just want the girls to go back to Starhurst where they belong.

On page 2, the reader learns that Louise will be a senior at Starhurst and Jean will be a junior.

This book has too many characters.  I noticed that even some unimportant characters are named, and it gets confusing trying to keep up with everyone.

On page 143, the girls finally reach the haunted lagoon.  The book has 182 pages.  Since the book is titled The Haunted Lagoon, the lagoon should have played a more prominent role in the plot.  A better title for this book would have been The Boring Search for the Sea Captain or maybe just Harriet's Folly.

I do not like this book.  Do you notice a pattern with these Dana Girls reviews?

2 comments:

Pet said...

Yes, your Dana Girls reviews seem to have slipped into a definite theme. I admire your tenacity. By now, some people would have given up on the series

Jack Cleveland said...

I'm sitting with this book beside me right now. Because I work less than 15 minutes from Chincoteague, and live in the area, I want this book to be good. And I want to like it... you're right... I'm already overwhelmed by the characters.