Saturday, September 21, 2019

Dana Girls #18 The Clue of the Black Flower

In Dana Girls #18, The Clue of the Black Flower, Louise Dana receives an artificial black orchid from an unknown person.  Soon, a man tries to steal the artificial flower and later threatens Louise.  Meanwhile, a pair of twins have disappeared in South America, and the girls will discover what happened to them.

This book is stupid.  The coincidences are extreme and quite implausible.  The twins disappeared in South America at some point in the past, and of course the Danas will stumble across them in the United States.

Pages 21 through 23 contain information about how to make artificial flowers.

The story doesn't hold my interest like the earlier books in the set.  I found that I did not care about any of it.

This is the final book with 25 chapters.  Too bad it doesn't just have 20 chapters.

The book is overall good, but I skimmed some parts of it.  I was still struggling to get back into reading the series after having read 10 young adult dystopian novels during the middle of Dana Girls #17.  I do better when I read every title in a set consecutively with no other books read.  When I venture into other books, I derail myself in my reading.

No comments: