Monday, June 17, 2019

Wildfire #57 Miss Perfect and #58 On Your Toes

57. Miss Perfect, Jill Ross Klevin, 1984

Super athlete, straight-A student, president of her class, editor of the school newspaper—Kim
excelled at everything.  That's what her father expected of her.  But her friends notice that Kim doesn't smile much anymore, and her boyfriend Brad is afraid that Kim doesn't have
time even for him.

Kim is so busy, Kim is perfect. But her achievements are beginning to demand a very high price...

Kim annoyed me, and something about the way she was portrayed didn't feel right to me.

I was not interested in this book.  I could not read it.

58. On Your Toes, Terry Morris, 1984

Until she meets David.  Even then, he understands how much time she needs to practice, to prepare for the tryout that could launch her career.

They find time to date, and everything is perfect.  Pam knows she's in love.  But when David is hurt in an accident, he innocently forces Pam to choose her love... or her dream.

I also was not interested in this story at all and could not read it.

This was the fifth consecutive book in the set that I did not enjoy.  During this stretch of reading, I became quite disgusted and came very close to quitting the set.  Fortunately I continued, since some of the later titles are quite good.

No comments: