Tuesday, January 30, 2024

My Valuable Percy Jackson Boxed Set

In this recent blog post, I included photos of my Percy Jackson boxed set.

Both Digital and Printed Books Have Advantages

In late December, I pulled the boxed set down off of a high shelf near the ceiling so that I could read the first book.  When I pulled the boxed set down, I regarded it as an approximately $50 item that wasn't anything special.  I certainly didn't see it as highly desirable or valuable.  It's just something that I've owned for 14 years and kept due to the secret compartment.  You can't go wrong with a secret compartment.

That said...

I had NO IDEA that my boxed set is now worth much more than what I paid for it.

I purchased the boxed set new from Amazon on December 18, 2009 and paid $49.97.  Look at these recent auction results.

Click on each image in order to view at a higher resolution.




I am astonished.  I have nothing else to say.

No comments: