Thursday, November 16, 2023

Fan Comments on Kenric and Oralie - Keeper of the Lost Cities

Do not read unless you have read all of the books including #8.5 and #9.  This post contains MAJOR SERIES SPOILERS. 

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER


It's been difficult finding good discussion about Kenric online.  I found comments by two fans that I really enjoyed reading.

Here's someone who does think that Kenric is Mr. Forkle.

Is Kenric one of Forkle's identities?

It was probably getting hard for the Forkle's to have Kenric, Mr. Forkle, and Magnate Leto, and Sir Astin all in the Lost Cities at the same time.  They probably [killed] Kenric off because he always had so much to do. I mentioned this the other day and someone asked if he would do that to Oralie.  For the greater good of the Lost Cities.  Yes.  I believe he would.

Yes, I absolutely agree with this.  

Here's a different take on the Forgotten Secrets, and I love it!

Opinion on the Kenric and Oralie Enemies to Lovers in Stellarlune

...when I was rereading those moments when they were finding out all the hidden history between Kenric and Oralie I was EATING IT UP.

The enemies to lovers wasn’t even cheap or poorly written.  It was GOOD.  Like, Oralie was clearly this slightly naive, kind of hotheaded, goody-two-shoes type young woman, it was clear that Kenric just didn’t like her attitude.  It doesn’t get more refreshingly straightforward than that. Kenric is the type to have strong beliefs on how things should be, and Oralie intruded on these, so when he was annoyed by her it was so believable.  The whole thing felt natural and it didn’t feel like something added in at this point in the story to try and deepen the lore, it felt like it actually did happen and it truly was just revealed to us.

and also

When Kenric went to Mr. Aria the Matchmaker (forgot his first name oops) and we found out Kenric and Oralie were #1 on each others lists, after reading all the build-up for the whole chapter where Shannon made it clear purely through showing and not telling that Kenric had that burning desire in his heart for Oralie and he was willing to break the LAW to just clear this one little thing that really means nothing but somehow meant everything to HIM????

*gasps* OH MY-

I literally threw my book at the WALL 

I have a different take on the scene with the matchmaker, but I adore this viewpoint as well.  My favorite part of Stellarlune is all of the Forgotten Secrets.  We learn so much from them!

No comments: