Sunday, November 19, 2023

Late November eBay and Etsy Stores Update

This weekend I listed some books on eBay and Etsy.

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay

Jennifer's Series Books on Etsy

On eBay, I listed Christopher Pike books and Nancy Drew German and Icelandic editions, plus some other assorted books.  On Etsy, I listed some Judy Bolton and Nancy Drew books.  

My books are in a state of disorganization again.  This photo shows some of my eBay books with most of the books I just listed laying scattered around.


If I can get some books to sell, then I will straighten up.

What's interesting is that since I reopened in October, I've had 12 transactions on Etsy and 14 transactions on eBay.  I do consider the sales rate to be low on both sites, but it's much worse on eBay.  My sales rate on eBay should be a good bit higher since I have more listings on eBay and eBay has higher traffic.  This just isn't a great time to be selling.

I reduced the prices of over 100 books on eBay and around 40 books on Etsy.  I also removed some listings and placed those books in a few bulk lots.  

I have quit buying books since I don't want the books to pile up.  I decided not to purchase several good bulk lots that I normally would have purchased.

Earlier today I wanted to list some more books.  The trouble is that most of my unlisted extras are duplicates of what I have up for sale.  Some books need to sell before I can list those unlisted extras.  So, I'm at a stalemate.

I then suddenly remembered the Trixie Belden Goldencraft books that I decided to remove from my collection.  I had forgotten about them because they weren't visible.  I realized that I had boxed them and some other books up.  I couldn't remember what else I boxed up.  I went out to the garage to check.


Ah, yes.  I have a bunch of Nancy Drew Flashlight library editions and Econo-Clad library editions that I need to get listed in addition to the Trixie Belden Goldencraft books.

On the Trixie Belden Goldencraft books, I will not be selling them at low prices.  That was a very difficult set to build, and the books were not inexpensive.  They will go up at fixed prices and at whatever I decide is fair.  The price is usually determined by what I paid for the book plus what my eBay fees will be.  

I expect I will work on listing all of the library editions in the next few days.

No comments: