Thursday, March 16, 2023

March 2023 Health and Selling Update

This is an update to two previous posts.

January Health and Selling Hiatus Update #3

My eBay Store Is Open for Now

Yesterday, I reopened my eBay store.  This is a trial run.  I will remain open so long as I do not get too stressed mentally.  Etsy will remain closed at this time. 

I will reopen Etsy sometime between early April and late May.  I feel that early April would be perfect, since the listings last for four months.  I could then shut down for the start of school in early August, and all of the listings would reach their four-month expiration at that same time.  That's my tentative plan for Etsy.

Between last night and this afternoon, I considered the possibility of listing new items on eBay. The idea is causing me considerable stress for several reasons upon which I won't elaborate.  The stress I feel is enough that I have concluded that listing new items is not remotely an option.  I won't do it.  I am sorry, but I have to look out for myself first.

In the last couple months, I have been using delay tactics in order to avoid having to do things for various people who are online.  In one recent case, someone wanted me to scan copies of dust jackets.  I felt immediate stress.  There was no way I felt like it.  

I struggled with how to reply.  Finally I wrote, "I am very mentally stressed right now, so I don't need to take on any additional tasks.  I'm sure I could do it, but I would rather wait until I'm less stressed."

My delay tactic worked.  I was very relieved to see that this person got what they needed from someone else.  I am very grateful to whomever helped this person out.  Thank you.

In January, I wrote about my thyroid test results and how my TSH had gone up, showing that I was not in good shape.  My medication was increased.  

In February, I migrated all three of my websites away from the clutches of Yahoo!, which had been passing them from host to host for years.  That process took quite a toll on me.

How I Wasted a Saturday...

Website Migration Progress

It didn't help that I caught two viruses in February.  The first virus from February 3 had mild symptoms but definitely impacted my thyroid levels.  I felt the hit.

The second virus from February 18 had moderate symptoms.  I had a lot of congestion, which lingered for around two weeks.  I didn't notice an impact to my thyroid.  I suspect that I was probably already so messed up from the first virus that any further impact from the second virus was negligible.

My thyroid levels were tested on March 6.

My TSH has come down.  Ideally, it should be no more than 1.  It is slightly higher than 1, but it's close to where we want it.  TSH is Thyroid Stimulating Hormone.  It increases when the body doesn't have enough T4, and it decreases as the T4 level improves.


My T4 level has improved, which is why the TSH decreased.



The problem is my T3, which has dropped.



I believe that the low T3 level is the sole cause of my mental stress.  I don't have enough thyroid hormone circulating in my brain, so my mental state is not that great.

I quit taking NP Thyroid in early December, which is a natural thyroid medication containing both T3 and T4.  I am now on T4 only.  The removal of the T3 in my medication has caused my level to drop.  My body should gradually adjust as more time passes.  The body converts T4 to T3, which is the active hormone that makes us feel good.  My body hasn't started doing that again like it should.

The viruses didn't help the situation, either.  Viruses impact conversion of T4 to T3.

I may need to add a synthetic T3 medication, but my provider wants us to give my body a little more time to recover from the two viruses.  Once more time has passed, we'll test again to see how I'm doing.  I have started taking a few supplements that are supposed to help with conversion of T4 to T3 in hopes of speeding up the process.  

That's where I'm at right now.

In summary, I feel like I can handle having my eBay store open.  I can fulfill any orders that I receive.  I hope that I do receive a number of orders, since my eBay shelves are packed.  In time, I will reopen my Etsy shop.  I will eventually begin listing new items for sale, but that's probably going to be awhile.

I look out for myself first, of necessity.  I didn't use to do that.  Now I know better.  Always be kind to yourself, and remember that you can always say "no" if a task is more than you can easily bear.  

No comments: