Saturday, March 25, 2023

eBay and Etsy Update - Etsy Now Open!

I have moved some of my Etsy books to eBay.  I chose books that have been listed for a long time on Etsy without selling.  Some books just don't do that well on Etsy, and those were the ones that I moved.  

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay

One of the books sold soon after it was listed, and that just proved the point.  I find that books from series other than Nancy Drew, Dana Girls, and Trixie Belden tend to do much better on eBay.  Etsy doesn't have quite enough traffic to support steady sales of other series. 

I have done okay selling books from other series, but after the more popular books in those series sell, the remaining books become stagnant inventory.  And so I moved them to eBay.

My Nancy Drew books do better on Etsy than on eBay.  eBay has way too many Nancy Drew listings for anyone to be able to spot my Nancy Drew books in search.  For that reason, I tend to list my Nancy Drew books on Etsy where they do get noticed.

In order to help my eBay Nancy Drew listings gain exposure, I will be running periodic auctions of Nancy Drew books.  Since I must pay $0.25 per auction upfront, I will choose books that I believe have a high chance of selling during the first listing cycle.

Last fall I found that my Nancy Drew library editions auctions helped drive traffic to my store.  I seemed to sell more books during the time that those auctions were active. 

I have some high-grade Nancy Drew original text picture covers.  Those books will be among the books auctioned in the next two to three months.

On Etsy, I disabled my free shipping promotion on orders of $35 or more. My promotion was tied to Etsy's free shipping promotion which is for orders of $35 or more.  I received a boost in Etsy search from that promotion.  I wish that I could have kept Etsy's promotion, but they need to raise the order minimum to $50.

Most sellers on Etsy sell handmade items.  Those items must ship via priority mail.  It is unfair for Etsy to expect those sellers to offer free shipping on orders of $35 or more.  It is still feasible, at least, for media mail.  A $35 minimum is too low for priority mail shipping.

Since I can't use Etsy's promotion, I created my own free shipping promotion for orders of $50 or more.  That offer is now in place.

I edited my media mail prices on Etsy to match my recent changes to my eBay media mail prices.  I now charge $4.95, $5.45, or $5.95 to mail a single book via media mail.  

As I worked on moving some Etsy listings to eBay, I also began activating my Etsy listings.  All Etsy listings that were not moved are now visible on Etsy.  

Jennifer's Series Books on Etsy

I feel like I can keep both stores open.  I feel fine physically (with the usual daily fluctuations and continuing limitations of my condition), and my mental state is beginning to improve.  I suspect that the supplements that I began taking in hopes of improving my T3 level might be improving my mood.  My T3 level might also be improving.  Regardless, I'm glad to be feeling somewhat less stressed.

No comments: