Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Spying Some Hardcover Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Digests

This happened yesterday.  I was at home, awaiting for it to be time to leave for my appointment.  I checked eBay and looked at a bulk listing of green APC Nancy Drew books.  I was using the zoom feature on the image and stopped when I reached the lower right corner.

WHAT WERE THOSE BOOKS ON THE FLOOR?!

I saw what I felt certain was a hardcover Hardy Boys Digest plus some other possible hardcover Hardy Boys Digest books.  I saw Nancy Drew Ghost Stories but couldn't tell for certain if it was hardcover. 

I checked the seller's other listings, but the books hadn't been listed.  I kept a tab open on the seller's listings page, sorted by newest first.  I came back and refreshed every so often.  Finally, the books appeared, and I got them!  This never would have happened if I hadn't taken the day off for my appointment.



I didn't take the time to check the books before buying them.  With library editions, I have to buy first.  The Nancy Drew lot looks to be really good, possibly outstanding.  I can see that I likely will be keeping at least 13 of the books as upgrades.  I prefer the binding where the book is an actual picture cover rather than having a laminated cover.  Of course, I take anything I can get, but I love upgrading to the style that I like the best.

The Hardy Boys books don't look to be in as good of condition, but the seller's photo isn't as sharp making it hard to tell.  I know that I will be keeping at least three of the Hardy Boys books, but I can't tell on the rest.  I will have to compare the books to what I have once they have arrived.

This is so exciting.  Even though I do now have the complete set of Nancy Drew #57-175 in hardcover library editions, my set still needs work.  It's great to have an opportunity to upgrade some of the books.

No comments: