Saturday, December 10, 2022

Overflow Shelves Emptied and Everything Set

I ended all of my listings this morning.  A short while later, I received a message on eBay from a buyer asking where the Hardy Boys books went that were in their cart.  They said that they weren't done shopping.  That was a dilemma.  

I decided that I could deal with one more transaction, so I reactivated all 73 Hardy Boys listings and let the buyer know.  Nothing happened.  If I had contacted a seller who told me that they were closing but would activate the books of interest, I would have made my purchase immediately.  I feel like eight hours was enough time to wait on the buyer.  Early this evening, I ended the listings again.  If they contact me again, I will tell them that it's too late.

I am pleased to report that my eBay listings dropped to 400 items.  My goal during the last two months was to get below 400 items, but I'll take 400.  That's close enough.  I have 274 Etsy listings, which isn't bad.  

Since my listing totals dropped down by a bit, I was able to clear off my overflow shelves and get all of my eBay and Etsy books onto the designated shelves that I always use for books that are listed for sale.  It's important that I store the books only on the designated shelves so that I don't risk making mistakes.

Some of the books are stacked more than I usually do, but I want them together with each other.

These shelves contain most of my eBay books.  Click on each photo in order to see it better.




These are my Etsy shelves.


These are more Etsy shelves with Christopher Pike books from eBay stacked on them as well.



These shelves contain mostly Etsy books with some eBay books mixed in.



If you looked at the photos carefully, then you might have seen some books out of numerical order.  Books from the same series are scattered as well.  Having the books arranged in order is the least of my concerns.  

I am quite pleased that I managed to get all the books together on as few shelves as possible.  I ran sales for the last few weeks hoping to get the number of books down as much as possible, and I am happy that I succeeded.

As I mentioned previously, I may be closed around two months.  I'll just have to see how everything goes.  I'll know when I'm ready.

No comments: