Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Laying the Groundwork for My Christopher Pike Listings

I have laid the groundwork for my upcoming Christopher Pike listings.  I photographed every extra Pike book that I have and created listings two at a time.  Each book was listed for sale briefly, since I wanted the listings to appear in with my ended listings in my account.  I did two at a time and then ended each pair of listings so that they were ended before they were indexed. 

I have 61 Christopher Pike listings ready.  I doubt that I will activate all 61 Pike listings at first, since many are duplicates.  I will start with one of each title plus the few small bulk lots that I created.  I also plan to active my 28 R. L. Stine listings when I activate the Christopher Pike listings.  While Pike and Stine fans are two distinct groups, there is some overlap between them.  I figure that the publicity of Pike's Netflix series could cause a slight increase in sales of Stine's books.  I want my Stine books to be available just in case.

Sales of Christopher Pike's books have already increased over what they were a few months ago.  While I don't have a record of daily Pike book sales from a few months ago, I'm pretty sure that more of his books are selling daily than did back during the summer months. 

Prices have increased somewhat, most noticeably so for The Midnight Club, upon which the new series is based.  The Midnight Club used to sell in the $7 to $10 range but now tends to sell for between $20 and $40 for vintage softcover copies.  The book also has been reprinted and is available new.  The new copies are selling for around $10.

Today I learned the titles of the episodes in The Midnight Club series.

'The Midnight Club' Netflix Series Episode Titles Revealed

101. "The Final Chapter"
102. "The Two Danas"
103. "The Wicked Heart"
104. "Gimme a Kiss"
105. "See You Later"
106. "Witch"
107. "Anya"
108. "Road to Nowhere"
109. "The Eternal Enemy"
110. "Midnight"

This is exactly what I needed to know.  The episode titles reveal that the books The Wicked Heart, Gimme a Kiss, See You Later, Witch, Road to Nowhere, and The Eternal Enemy are among the books used for source content.  I expect that those titles will spike in price similar to what has happened with The Midnight Club.

I anticipate that I will activate the Pike and Stine listings sometime on Thursday.  By waiting until Thursday, my first trip to the post office will fall on Saturday morning should any books sell quickly.  I hope that I can sell off most all of the extra Pike books within the next two to three weeks.

Depending upon how everything goes once I have the Pike and Stine books available, I will make a decision about the rest of my listings.  If all goes well, I could consider reopening.  If I'm not up to it, then I could end up waiting for two or three months.

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay (Pike and Stine books to be listed beginning Thursday, September 29)

No comments: