Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Hulu's Hardy Boys Renewed for Season 3

This might be old news to many of you, but I was unaware that Hulu's Hardy Boys series had been renewed for its third season.  I have been worried about it.  Every few weeks, I have checked to see if any websites mentioned a renewal.  I couldn't find anything.

Reading the Hardy Boys subreddit last night led me to check again.  I finally found one page mentioning a renewal, but I wanted to make sure.  I kept digging and finally found two pages that mention that the show is about to begin filming the third season.

11 TV shows filming in Toronto this September - TV Hive 

In Production - Ontario Creates


The second season of Hardy Boys ended with some brutal cliffhangers.  I was upset after I finished watching the finale, because I was worried that the show wouldn't be renewed.  I thought maybe they knew that it would, which is why they were comfortable with the cliffhangers.  At the same time, nothing was guaranteed, so I continued to be worried.

I have checked every few weeks and could find nothing.  Finally, I quit checking, since I felt it had been too long.  I thought that the show had been canceled, and I didn't want to know.

I was so relieved last night when I learned that the third season is going to happen.

I am not in any of the Facebook groups which are most likely to share Hardy Boys information.  I would be in those groups if I were welcome.  I'm not, so I'm shut out from Hardy Boys news unless someone cares to share the news outside of those groups.  Unfortunately, people don't share that information, and I don't understand why that is.

Some Hardy Boys fans do not like the Hulu series.  But some fans, like me, love it.  Why keep the information from us?  

I plead with you:  Please share what you know with others, even if you don't think most people care.  Some of us care very much.  I have been worried about the Hulu series for months.  I'm glad that my mind is now at rest, but I had to search out the information.  Apparently people who are in the know have been aware of the renewal for some time.

Therefore, I share the news here, since some of you would appreciate knowing about this.  

I am reminded of in 2017 when I saw some strange Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys flashlight editions on eBay, detailed in this post.  I purchased the books and then asked about them on Facebook.  Someone immediately replied that the books had been in the store Five Below sometime before.  What?!  Why not tell us?  Several people were then scrambling to get the books before they disappeared.  It would have been helpful if the person who had made the spotting had taken the time to tell us.  They didn't care, but we did.

If you see or learn something connected to the series book fandom, say something!  Don't keep it to yourself.

Here's another plug for the Vintage Series Books subreddit.  I added a number of posts and will add more in the coming days.  If I think of more information that fans not on Facebook might want to know, I'll make sure that I post about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VintageSeriesBooks/

No comments: