Monday, October 15, 2012

The Connie Blair Boxed Sets

Recently, I had the opportunity to purchase a boxed set of some of the Tempo paperback Connie Blair books.  I already had a set of paperbacks in a slipcase, but this set is enclosed in a box.








The above box has a flap that opens to show the books inside. 

Here is the slipcase version of the boxed set.








Note:  I do not have all eight books displayed in the slipcase since it is a tight fit.

I prefer the slipcase version since it displays better.

In regard to both versions of the boxed set, the designer chose an image of Connie that shows her unconscious, which is bizarre.  Perhaps the publisher wanted buyers to think that the books contained graphic content.  Since these were books for children and young adults, I think Connie's face from Puzzle in Purple would have looked much better on the boxed set.


But what do I know?

No comments: