Thursday, August 1, 2024

eBay and Etsy Stores to Wind Down for the Start of School

If you wish to purchase any books from me in the short term, it would be best to do so by Sunday.

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay

Jennifer's Series Books on Etsy

I go back to work in one week.  The usual plan is to shut down completely.  I am mulling over some other possible options.  

These are the possibilities from most to least restrictive.

1.  If I completely close, I will do so by Monday or Tuesday of next week.  If I take this option, then I will likely remain completely closed until October.

2.  I could keep both stores open in a limited capacity.  The benefit of doing this would be to keep me from losing my position in eBay and Etsy search.  Both sites penalize sellers who have inactive periods.  If I take this option, then I would deactivate most listings except for a limited quantity.  The listings that would remain active might be my most expensive listings on both sites, which would be less likely to sell.

3.  I could close eBay and leave Etsy open.  I am billed yearly by eBay for my store subscription, so it makes no difference what I do.  For Etsy, I pay $0.20 for each listing to be active for four months.  If I were to keep Etsy open, then I could let my listings naturally expire as each one reaches the end of its four months.  Half of my Etsy listings would expire by the end of August.

I will make a decision at the start of the week.  If I pull everything down, then I will do so without warning and probably on Monday.  I think it would be best for me mentally and physically to shut down completely, so that is most likely what I will do.

No comments: