Sunday, February 4, 2024

Books on Sale + Larger Discount in eBay Store

Since January 1, my eBay sales have been quite poor as compared to Etsy.  

I have had 12 transactions on eBay, and 28 transactions on Etsy.  I have more books for sale on eBay, and eBay is a site with much higher traffic.  My sales should be higher on eBay, yet they aren't.

I decided on Thursday to put my books on sale at 10% off to see if that would move anything.  Everything was put on sale except for my solid blue and tweed Nancy Drew books on Etsy, which have been selling briskly.  It amused me that after I started my sale that more tweed books sold and at the regular price since they weren't on sale.  I don't have to do anything to entice buyers of those books.  The tweed books are currently in great demand for whatever reason.

After nothing budged on eBay, I raised my discount on eBay to 15% off.

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay

Etsy is still at 10% off.

Jennifer's Series Books on Etsy

I then finally figured out that my free shipping promotion on eBay had expired in late December.  Oops.  That is partly why my sales tanked.  I typically get many orders that are just a few dollars above the minimum free shipping threshold, so the promotion does help my sales.

I now once again have free shipping on eBay for orders of $40 or more, plus all inventory is 15% off.

On Etsy, I have free shipping for orders of $35 or more, plus all inventory is 10% off.

The sales run through Saturday or Sunday.  It's too complicated for me to explain the specifics.  I had trouble getting the eBay sale to run.  I had to create more than one sale and couldn't delete either.  I ended up with my items split between two sales ending at different times. 

No comments: