A blog for vintage series books like Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys... featuring modern middle-grade fantasy... modern young adult novels... vintage teen books... vintage book collecting, buying, and selling topics... and more.
Wednesday, February 14, 2024
Nancy Drew #12 Message in the Hollow Oak Original Tandy Internal Illustrations
The early Nancy Drew books were illustrated by Russell H. Tandy.
Click on each image in order to see it at a higher resolution.
Thanks for posting these, Jennifer. Frontispieces and internals from Russell Tandy were masterpieces. Even the later line drawings on war and post-war printings were nice, but of course not as nice as the ones on glossy paper. When I see these old internals, I feel sick about how awful the internal artwork became, especially in the 1970s. Thanks again.
Thanks for posting these, Jennifer. Frontispieces and internals from Russell Tandy were masterpieces. Even the later line drawings on war and post-war printings were nice, but of course not as nice as the ones on glossy paper. When I see these old internals, I feel sick about how awful the internal artwork became, especially in the 1970s.
ReplyDeleteThanks again.