Sunday, February 25, 2024

More Keeper of the Lost Cities Purchases

In early January, I spent around an hour searching everywhere online for interesting Keeper of the Lost Cities stuff.  

I purchased a couple of signed promotional items.

This first one is from 2016 and features Iggy on one side and a Lodestar book advertisement on the other.



The second signed item is this bookplate from 2019.


I found a signed first printing copy of #8 Legacy that came with a Team Valiant patch.




Legacy is the only book that I was not able to purchase in December in a signed hardcover.

I am also interested in acquiring other variants.  I would like to get the UK editions, but I am balking at the postage cost.  I think my reluctance is tied to the fact that the UK editions are stylized just slightly different, so I don't see the point in paying a higher price to acquire them.  Additionally, international mail often arrives damaged, especially when packaged badly like what Amazon typically does. 

With patience, I can probably acquire all of the UK editions secondhand from US sellers.  I just purchased four of them.  They were only $8.00 each, and that included shipping and tax.  If I were to purchase each book from Amazon UK, the books would cost around $22 each.




Two of the books have lightly creased spines, but I am pleased with the condition.  All four books are first UK editions, which is nice.

No comments: