Thursday, July 7, 2022

June 2022 Book Finds

My June 2022 book finds were very similar to my April 2022 book finds including one big book find.

In early June, I purchased these books.


Nancy Drew #32 The Scarlet Slipper Mystery is a book with double oval endpapers.  I purchase any copy that I find that is in nice shape with good quality paper.  Collectors should keep an open mind about these books.  When they have very light wear and good quality paper, they have a certain appeal.  I have grown to like them a lot, and a few other people do as well.

I was one of the very first people to collect the Nancy Drew library editions, and I was the most enthusiastic of the very few who did.  Now I'm one of the very few people to decide to collect the double oval editions.  Will collecting the double oval editions catch on someday?

Nancy Drew #46 The Invisible Intruder is the first printing.

I purchased the Knightmare books because similar books from the 1980s are not easy to find.  

In late June, I found this Oz book in dust jacket.



I found more Hardy Boys Wanderer edition paperbacks.


I purchased a Phyllis Whitney book, a tweed Nancy Drew book, and two Choose Your Own Adventure books.


And then I found a bunch of Three Investigators books.  In April, I was startled when I found quite a few Three Investigators books.  This time, I wasn't surprised.  Why wouldn't I find more of them?  

14 of the books are trade edition hardcover books.





Six of the books are Gibraltar library editions.  The Gibraltar editions have a higher-quality binding than the trade editions.




Two of my three best-ever Three Investigators finds have occurred this year.

No comments: