Around two weeks ago, I found this vintage teen book by Joan Lowery Nixon.
A few days after that, I found a Nancy Drew book plus an assortment of Hardy Boys books in a store.
The above books were sufficient to place in a post on Facebook. I held off posting about them in case I were to find anything else this week. It turned out that I did find some more books.
Yesterday I found a bunch of Three Investigators hardcover books in a store. I was startled, to say the least.
Yesterday I found a bunch of Three Investigators hardcover books in a store. I was startled, to say the least.
The Three Investigators books were not cheap. They were right at the upper limit of what I would be willing to pay. Nevertheless, I was thrilled to find them. This is my second-best-ever local find of Three Investigators books. My best Three Investigators local find was a set of #1-28 in October 2012. The books I purchased in October 2012 were in nicer condition and cost a good bit less. Most of the books from October 2012 are still in my possession and form the core of my Three Investigators set.









Oohh! Exciting! Congratulations! And they look pretty good!
ReplyDeleteI have also discovered that bookstores realize that the 3I books are currently hot items. The prices I see have been reasonable, but higher than I usually like to pay! Ha ha. So I rarely purchase for resale now. I purchase for my own collection and to upgrade any in my collection. So then the books I pass on to others are usually the rougher ones from my own collection that I have upgraded recently.
ReplyDelete