Saturday, April 16, 2022

An Unexpected April Book Find

 Around two weeks ago, I found this vintage teen book by Joan Lowery Nixon.  


A few days after that, I found a Nancy Drew book plus an assortment of Hardy Boys books in a store.





The above books were sufficient to place in a post on Facebook.  I held off posting about them in case I were to find anything else this week.  It turned out that I did find some more books. 

Yesterday I found a bunch of Three Investigators hardcover books in a store.  I was startled, to say the least.





The Three Investigators books were not cheap.  They were right at the upper limit of what I would be willing to pay.  Nevertheless, I was thrilled to find them.  This is my second-best-ever local find of Three Investigators books.  My best Three Investigators local find was a set of #1-28 in October 2012.  The books I purchased in October 2012 were in nicer condition and cost a good bit less.  Most of the books from October 2012 are still in my possession and form the core of my Three Investigators set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oohh! Exciting! Congratulations! And they look pretty good!

Amanda from Seattle said...

I have also discovered that bookstores realize that the 3I books are currently hot items. The prices I see have been reasonable, but higher than I usually like to pay! Ha ha. So I rarely purchase for resale now. I purchase for my own collection and to upgrade any in my collection. So then the books I pass on to others are usually the rougher ones from my own collection that I have upgraded recently.