Monday, April 4, 2022

Drina Ballet Series #8 Drina Dances in Madeira

Drina is bitterly disappointed when she hears that her long-awaited holiday in Germany is cancelled.  But her grandmother offers some wonderful alternatives:  a Mediterranean cruise, or a visit to Scandinavia, or a trip to Madeira...  When Drina remembers that the Lingeraux Ballet Company is also going to Madeira for the summer, she has no trouble making up her mind! 

The above summary is from the publisher.

I skimmed in a lot of places because the book contains a lot of travelogue content.  My feelings toward this book are very similar to how I feel about Drina Dances in Italy.  While I very much enjoyed parts of this book, I found it disjointed with a lot of content that I skimmed.

The books that I like less have a lot of filler, which consists of the travelogue content.

The book is overall good to very good.

No comments: