Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Just 12 More Hardcover Nancy Drew Files Needed

These are my previous posts on this topic.

Nancy Drew Files Hardcover Library Editions
My Progress on My Set of Nancy Drew Files Hardcover Library Editions

I decided around five years ago to build a set of the Nancy Drew Files in hardcover library bindings.  I have made amazing progress.  In my last update, I reported that I was down to needing just 18 titles.

In March, I found a copy of #93 Hotline to Danger.


This month, I spotted a bulk lot of Nancy Drew books that contained high-numbered hardcover Nancy Drew Files, some of which I needed. 

I acquired these books.

 99.  The Cheating Heart
101.  The Picture of Guilt
105.  Stolen Affections
109.  
Love Notes
117.  Skipping a Beat


These purchases bring me down to needing just 12 titles in hardcover.

 67.  Nobody's Business
 70.  Cutting Edge
 85.  Sea of Suspicion
 91.  If Looks Could Kill
 92.  My Deadly Valentine
 98.  Island of Secrets
115.  Running into Trouble
118.  Betrayed by Love
120.  Dangerous Loves
122.  Strange Memories
123.  Wicked for the Weekend
124.  Crime at the Chat Cafe

I have been working on the hardcover Nancy Drew Files set for only around five years.  That I am down to needing just 12 books in hardcover astonishes me.  I haven't been trying hard to find them.  I keep my eyes open and check any listings that I spot to see if I need any.  I have not been running searches for individual titles or doing anything special at all.  This set is proving to be much easier to build than my set of hardcover Nancy Drew Digest books.

I had been searching for the Nancy Drew Digest books in hardcover for 16 years before I came down to needing only around a dozen titles.  It took me a full 20 years to finish the set.  It should be noted that I worked very hard on that set, particularly for the last five years that I searched.

It doesn't look like I will need 20 years to build the Nancy Drew Files set in hardcover, since I am already down to needing just 12 titles.  Timing has a lot to do with it.  I think if I would have started looking for the Nancy Drew Files in hardcover some 20 years ago that it would have taken me 20 years to build the set.  The reason is because far more of the books have been discarded by libraries now than had been discarded 20 years ago.  The books are now somewhat easier to find.

I decided soon after I started on the Nancy Drew Files set in hardcover that I was not going to keep my softcover set.  I just don't have room, and the Nancy Drew Files series is not important enough to my collection for me to want to have two sets of the books.

These pictures show my set of Nancy Drew Files books.  Most of the books are now hardcover with 12 books in softcover mixed in.  Click on each image in order to see it clearly.




No comments: