Saturday, May 7, 2022

More Work Done on Blog Tags

Since my post from Thursday, I have worked more on blog tags.  I created additional new tags so that I could combine other tags and further reduce the number of posts grouped under the tags that I have used the most often.

These are the latest new tags:

Bad Selling Practices
Book Care
Book Pricing Conflict
Bookplates and Inscriptions
Collector Conflict
General Children's Books 1900s-1920s
General Children's Books 1930s-1950s
General Children's Books 1960s-1970s
General Children's Books 1980s-1990s
General Children's Books 2000s
Harriet Adams
Judy Bolton Reviews
Printing Flaws
Series Book Questions
Social Media
Trixie Belden Reviews
Young Adult 2000-present

I had quite a few tags that contained links to just one or two posts.  Most of those tags were for reviews, so I grouped those reviews together in the "General Children's Books" tags.  I then found that I had way too many books in the "General Children's Books 2000s" tag, so I removed the young adult books and placed them under "Young Adult 2000-present."

I grouped two different sets of "question and answer" posts under "Series Book Questions."  Most of the questions were scattered throughout the blog under various tags.  I have tried to locate all of them so that they are all in the same place.  These are posts that I have sometimes tried to find but couldn't.  I have hopefully located all of them.  If I have missed any, then it should just be one or two of them.

Even though I have reached a stopping point, I am not completely satisfied with the tag situation.  I still have too many posts grouped under "eBay Commentary," but 135 posts is an improvement over 163 posts.  My "Nancy Drew" tag is now down to 53 posts, which is no longer that bad.  Most of my Nancy Drew content is now grouped under the more specific Nancy Drew tags.

This is now much better organized for me.  I should have a greater chance of finding certain older posts when someone asks me a question.  Hopefully the tags will be helpful to everyone else.

No comments: