Sunday, September 13, 2020

Blogs with Series Book Reviews

I've stated several times that my vintage series books reviews are pretty much done.  I am a bit overwhelmed at this point in my life due to what is going on with school and due to some other concerns.  I'm not interested in reading old series books.  I will eventually reread some old series, but I won't be reviewing them if I have already reviewed them.  I'm done.

Consider following the other people who are reviewing old series books.  You might also consider doing some reviews yourself.

Vintage Girls Books:  Recent reviews include Whitman books like Annie Oakley, Dorothy Lamour, Troy Nesbit, and Nancy Craig.  There are also reviews of a variety of series books including Mildred Wirt Benson, Nancy Drew, Ginny Gordon, Arden Blake, Judy Bolton, and much more.

Bargain Sleuth:  This blog reviews all types of books, but a number of Nancy Drew books are also represented.

My reading was a means of coping through certain situations.  The high reading output made it easy for me to have more than one post per week.  I am now on a different trajectory, and I am not reading like I was.  If I were to try to post like I did, I would cause myself tremendous stress.  I will not do that to myself.

My blog output was such that some people have taken me for granted, which is why I have received comments telling me to get back to reading and reviewing vintage series books.  There are other blogs, linked above. 

This is what you will still get from me.

I will be reviewing vintage teen books and modern young adult dystopian novels.  I will continue to review each new Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and Tom Swift book as it is released.  I will no doubt continue to complain about the Nancy Drew Diaries series.

I will write the occasional post about collecting series books.  I will continue to write about the pandemic since it's rather a big deal right now.  I will keep you updated on when I might sell again.  I will also write about eBay, Etsy, and other sites whenever I have news to report.

The reviews that are being published to this blog currently are being played out very slowly.  I have very few posts written, and I am not interested in writing posts.  The blog could very well begin to have larger gaps between posts, like what is normal for most other people.  I'm just not into writing reviews at this time. 

If you know of other blogs that feature recent reviews of series books, please let me know so that I can add them to this post.

2 comments:

Phyl said...

Thank you for all the reviews and information on vintage series books you have shared here and on your other site over the years. They have been an invaluable resource for me and I wouldn’t know about some of the series I now own without them.

~ Phyl

TheBargainSleuth said...

Thanks for the shout out. I review Nancy Drew on Fridays, and once I'm done with those I'll move on to Trixie, Hardys, Bobbseys, etc.