Tuesday, April 14, 2020

American Adventure #1 Crossed Trails by Margaret Trent Chapters 1-7

I scanned the first three chapters of the first American Adventure series book.  Read this post for information about the books.  Since the books are in the public domain and impossible to find, I thought I should scan the first book.  I feel strongly that it is well worth reading.

The one copy of the second book, Hollywood Ho!, that was on eBay sold after I published the above mentioned post.  Two people bid on it.  There were a few other copies of Hollywood Ho! for sale online last week.  I am not sure how many copies were available, but I think there were at least two in addition to the one more expensive copy that was still available when last I checked.  I conclude that at least three to four people might want to have the text of the first book due to copies of the second book that have now sold.  You really need to read the first book in order to appreciate the second book.  Besides, the first book is quite good.

The second book is the only one that seems not to be too hard to find, relatively speaking.  Of course, most copies of it have now sold, so now it's effectively as scarce as the first and third books.  This is where you come in.  Should I finish putting up scans?  Does anyone actually care?

You see, sometimes I think people care, and they actually do not.  Sometimes people only want a book if they can have an actual vintage physical copy.  Does anyone actually want to read the story just for the sake of reading it, if only in scanned images?

Who wants for me to scan the rest of the book?  Please don't ask for a digital conversion of the images.  I'm not going to do that.  But I can scan the rest of my book if you want.  Do you want?

The American Adventure Series
#1 Crossed Trails
by Margaret Trent
Published by A. L. Burt
1932

This text is in the public domain.

In order to read the book, use a web-based browser on a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet.  Click or tap on the first image.  You will see an enlarged version of it as well as a sliding picture bar down at the bottom of the screen.  You can use the picture bar to move from image to image.



Chapter 1








Chapter 2






Chapter 3






Chapter 4








Chapter 5









Chapter 6



Chapter 7








Continue to Chapters 8-14.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Thank you for sharing this! I know how tedious scanning books is and I appreciate you doing this even if you don't share any more of the book. I love the setting of New York City. Ever since I read Bobs, a Girl Detective I've been itching for another book from this time period set in New York.

beautifulshell said...

I appreciate the scanning, too! I don't collect series books as much these days as I used to, but I still really appreciate the ability to read some online. Thank you!

Celia said...

I would love to see more of the scanning. I was roped in when I read those first few pages and went to go find the Crossed Trails book, only to see it was not for sale anywhere. It's very kind of you to post those scans!

Jennifer White said...

I appreciate the comments. It makes me feel good knowing that my efforts are appreciated, and I will get the rest of the book put up shortly. I have added four chapters to this post. I will soon add another post with additional chapters in it, and hopefully, the last part of the book will go up this weekend.