Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Wildfire #1 Love Comes to Anne and #3 That's My Girl

Wildfire #1 Love Comes to Anne by Lucille S. Warner, 1979

Can it really be love at first sight? Anne never thought it would happen like this…then she sees "him" walk up the front step at school. By the time she finds out his name, she knows she's really in love! But they come from two different worlds and he must return home in a few months. Does Anne love him enough to give up everything and everyone she's ever known?

I read perhaps one-third of this book and skimmed through it.  The book is so boring.  I didn't like Pierre and didn't see what Anne sees in him.  This is a dull romance book of the type that I cannot stand.

This book is completely boring.

Wildfire #2 I'm Christy, Maud Johnson, 1979 — reviewed here

Wildfire #3 That’s My Girl, Jill Ross Klevin, 1980

Winning a place on the Olympic Figure Skating Team has always been Becky's dream.  She knows she's sacrificed a lot—no parties, early curfew, and endless hours of training.  She prays it will be worth it.  If only Jed could understand!

Jed wants a girl who cares about something other than ice skating.  But if he can't accept her dream, then he'll have to find another girl... Becky knows what is right for her, but it hurts, anyhow!  Now, if only she is chosen for the team!

The story contains extreme detail about competitive figure skating.  People who are interested in figure skating would probably enjoy the information, but I could not stand it.

The text also contains way too much detail about Becky's physical attributes.  It also contains lots of unnecessary detail, like naming every single street as Becky is driven to her practice facility.

This book is extremely boring, and I could not read it.

It's fortunate that I did not try reading the first or third volumes in the Wildfire series in order to see if I would enjoy the books.  If these books had been the first two I had tried, I would have never built the set. 

No comments: