Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sweet Valley High #138 What Jessica Wants..., #139 Elizabeth's Mine, and #140 Please Forgive Me

In Sweet Valley High #138, What Jessica Wants..., Devon Whitelaw has enrolled at Sweet Valley High.  Jessica has decided that he is the boy for her.  As Jessica plots how to get Devon to notice her, she helps Todd plan a special date for Liz on the beach.  Unknown to Jessica and Todd, Devon and Liz have fallen in love.

I really liked Devon in this book and was all for Liz and Devon's budding romance.  Notice that "liked" and "was" are in the past tense.  The rest of the miniseries completely spoils the romance.

I greatly enjoyed this book, but I doubt I could ever enjoy it again or even read it again since I know what happens in the rest of the story arc.

In Sweet Valley High #139, Elizabeth's Mine, Devon and Todd fight over Elizabeth.  The situation gets so bad that Elizabeth dumps both of them.  Good riddance, but sadly, the story doesn't end here.

I can't even tell Devon and Todd apart on the cover.  They almost look like twins.  It's not worth any effort in trying to figure it out.

I did not enjoy this book as much as the previous one.  Liz and Devon's romance is quickly going stale.

In Sweet Valley High #140, Please Forgive Me, both Devon and Todd try to get Liz back.  This is such a sorry love triangle.  I hate all of them.

On page 196, Liz finally realizes that she doesn't need a man.  "Look, Jess.  I've had a steady boyfriend since... forever!  It's time I learned how to fly on my own—taste freedom for what it really is.  How am I supposed to learn who I am if I always see myself reflected in someone else's eyes?" 

It sounds great, but it won't last.  Liz is such a loser.  I hate her.

I did not like this book.  I found it boring.

No comments: