Saturday, May 16, 2009

More eBay Problems

This is a continuation of what I have been thinking with the previous post and what I have learned in recent days. I do not have an eBay store, but I feel for what those people are going through. EBay is beginning to roll out the new item pages, which are not better, and people are complaining about what eBay has done.

The sellers have a custom list of categories that appears on the left side of their listings. This list is like the custom category list that appears on Bonanzle on the right side of listings. In eBay's new item page, only a few of the categories show, which greatly reduces the ability of a buyer to easily browse a seller's store.

Exactly how does this make eBay better for either buyers or sellers? Reducing the list of categories reduces the exposure of a seller's store, which reduces possible sales. Why do this? Are they idiots?

Second, I cannot edit my saved searches. I found a seller who listed a ton of Nancy Drew books, and this is one of the diamond power sellers. I want him out of my results, but eBay will not let me edit my searches. What did they do to break it? I tried on three different browsers, so I feel confident that my problem is not my computer. Heck, I should try it on a different computer later just to prove it. It can't hurt.

What angers me is that it will take eBay at least three to six months to fix the problem, and this is a feature that I need.

No comments: