Saturday, March 21, 2009

Current List of Blocked Sellers

This is my current list of blocked sellers:

buy,primemediaking,owl-books,ggiezgg,snowlionbooks,
keen_northwest,the-video-bin,sysqsystems,scrowe,
bacobook,h4book,books-fyi,greatbuybooks2,hippo_books,
the_tome_home,crispmovies,craeckerle,powells_bookstore,
universalathenaeum,ub123auctions,fetchadisc,
massbookstore-online


I notice on one of my older posts on this topic that the names of some sellers were cut off. I have tried to keep the lines short in the list so that nothing is lost after I post this.

Note: I make the additions near the start of the list after buy and primemediaking. It is easier for me to paste them into the list near the start rather than to scroll to the end of the list to enter them into the form. I mention this in case someone has a list and likes to modify it with sellers I have blocked.

I had noticed in recent days that my Nancy Drew searches had increased by around 300 results, so I found four sellers to add to my list. My results went down again by around 300. My criteria for removing sellers are when a seller has 10,000 or more items up for sale and is selling modern books only.

The above list removes over 1,300 items from my Nancy Drew searches. I also apply this list to other searches that have become troublesome with too many undesired books like cheap reprints and e-books on CD.

Here are the directions for blocking sellers from an old post:
There is a remedy for this situation. In order to combat this problem, it is necessary to use the saved searches feature from within My eBay. The buyer must first enter a search from eBay's Search page. If the buyer does not already use the Advanced Search, it will be necessary to click on "Advanced Search" right underneath the search selections. From the Advanced Search page, enter the desired search term. Scroll down to where it states "From Sellers." Click on "From specific sellers (enter sellers' user IDs)" and select "exclude" in the drop down box. Now enter the IDs that need to be blocked inside that search box, separated by commas. Click on "Search" and then click on "Save this search." The search will be saved and those sellers' listings will no longer show when the buyer clicks on that search from the Saved Searches page.

No comments: