Saturday, February 7, 2009

Despite My Best Efforts . . .

No matter how hard I try to educate people about books, some people read my website and come away just as uninformed as they were before they read it. A reader of this blog informed me about a seller misquoting my website in an auction right after he contacted the seller of the mistake.

This is the auction:

The Secret of the Old Clock - Carolyn Keene-Nancy Drew

The auction was for an early 1940s thick blue Nancy Drew book with a white spine dust jacket with the spine symbol. I took a screen cap of the auction since I knew the seller would probably change it. This is how the auction description originally ended:
The seller went to my website, read my commentary, and somehow came away with the idea that Nancy Drew books from the early 1940s are rare. To the seller's credit, the description was changed and that last sentence was removed. I can only do so much. People read my comments and misinterpret them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And knowing how much you dislike the casual and free use of the word "rare" on ebay, to have yourself quoted as the source must have been doubly irritating!