Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Sale + Books Listed + Some Thoughts

I listed quite a few books on Etsy.  The books listed include the following:

tweed Nancy Drew
Nancy Drew original text picture cover
tweed Judy Bolton
tweed Dana Girls
Dana Girls picture cover
hardcover Nancy Drew Digest
Three Investigators
Rick Brant
Vicki Barr
Trixie Belden

Jennifer's Series Books on Etsy

My Etsy inventory is 10% off this week.  I have excluded the tweed Nancy Drew books, since they are consistently selling and often quickly.  My stock continues to diminish steadily, so discounting them would be illogical.  The point of running a sale is to move books that aren't selling. 

My eBay books are also 10% off this week.  

Jennifer's Series Books on eBay

On eBay, I ended around 50 listings and moved them into bulk lots.  I'd like to get my eBay inventory down to no more than 300 items.  This is a long-term goal, since it's not happening anytime soon.  Sales are rather poor, and books are moving very slowly.  Bulk lots that I created months ago still aren't moving, so even cheap books in bulk are a hard sell.

I've listed just a few books on eBay so far, mainly Kay Tracey and some new bulk lots.  I also lowered some prices.

I find that Nancy Drew books are now very hard for me to sell on eBay.  While I did have 15 orders in the last 90 days that included Nancy Drew books, most of them were from repeat buyers.  The repeat buyers are people who follow me.  Outside of those buyers, my Nancy Drew books barely sell on eBay.

I am toying with the idea of removing most of my Nancy Drew books from eBay and placing them on Etsy.  I think they'd do better.

Books from series that are more scarce do better on eBay.  Those sales are slow as well but not as bad as Nancy Drew sales.

eBay now has an offsite ad program where sellers can pay to be included.  The offsite ad program has a prohibitive daily minimum fee of $5.  That would be $150 per every 30 days, which is a scary high fee. I would never do it.

I am required to pay for offsite ads on Etsy.  I only pay the extra offsite ad fee on listings that are sold via offsite ads.  In the last month, I was assessed $16.33 in offsite ad fees on Etsy.  That's doable.

Aside from eBay's extreme offsite ad fees, I am suspicious as to whether paying those fees would gain me anything.  eBay has given me a $100 credit, but I don't plan to use it.  A number of sellers who have used the credit reported that it did little and that they cancelled the offsite ads once their credit ran out.  The free trial doesn't seem worth it.

1 comment:

Travis Ketchum said...

Thanks Jennifer we picked up some Hardy Boys and Christopher Pike Book from you!