Saturday, August 17, 2019

On the Run with Trixie Belden Books

This is too good not to share.  This morning I was in a very light sleep.  Really, I just needed to get up and didn't want to bother.  This is when I usually remember the more outlandish dreams.

I was first outside an apartment complex where someone was selling just a few Nancy Drew matte picture covers and one Three Investigators hardcover book (Talking Skull) on some tables with other junk.  I had to go back home to get some cash.  But then the person and books disappeared.  Then they were back, but I wasn't able to get the books because someone else picked them up.

Later, I was in Dallas, barefoot, and on the run.  Some mysterious, evil organization was after me.  I was hoping to find some bookstores.  I'm not sure why, since it seemed that I had far bigger problems.  I passed by an appliance store with a large inventory of books on cooking and self-help books.  Bummer.

I then took refuge with some people who had two deluxe and two oval Trixie Belden books.  They told me that my location had been discovered and that I didn't have much time.  They (the people) disappeared.

I had to make an escape.  I took the four Trixie Belden books.  I didn't take the microwave popcorn, because I wasn't in the mood.  Besides, I couldn't take the microwave with me.

I went to the back of the house.  I climbed a staircase that led to a high window.  I opened it and climbed down a ladder that was attached to the outside wall.  The back of the house was in the deep woods, and by the way, I was still barefoot.  Why did I not find shoes while inside the house?  It was dark, and I worried about poison ivy.  A bright light appeared from above.  A spotlight!  Oh, no!  I made a run for it, Trixie Belden books in hand, and I woke up.

I assume that the dream was a merging of a young adult apocalyptic story with my interest in book collecting.  Let's face it; I was basically stealing Trixie Belden books from someone's house.  This is bad behavior, but in a story about an apocalyptic disaster, society collapses and everyone steals from everyone else.  It's curious that it was more important to take the Trixie Belden books than to take bottled water and other supplies.  I certainly wouldn't have lasted long on the run.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like the makings of a book! You write it and I'll read it!

Redwing88 said...

Love it when Trixie makes it into my dreams. And I think you rescued the Trixies from looters.