Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Nancy Drew Solid Blue Books with Dust Jackets

I have never been particularly interested in the tweed Nancy Drew books with dust jackets.  This does not mean that I dislike them; rather, I am not interested in having a complete set of tweed books with dust jackets.  They have no special allure for me.  Just about the only tweed Nancy Drew books I own are the first printings of titles issued during the tweed era.  Otherwise, I do not purchase tweed books.

I am quite fond of the solid blue Nancy Drew books from the late 1940s.  These books have good quality paper, a plain paper frontispiece illustration, and blue silhouette endpapers.  They are the same size as the tweed books, but in my opinion, the books are much nicer.



The books that most interest me have dust jackets that list to The Ghost of Blackwood Hall or The Clue of the Leaning Chimney


The dust jackets often have an ad on the back panel with photographs depicting the Connie Blair series.  I like the ones with the Connie Blair ads the best.  The others have ads for Vicki Barr, Cherry Ames, or Beverly Gray.

I have not gone to any trouble to try to find these jackets, but I do keep them when nice examples fall into my possession.  This week I was fortunate to add five more to my set and at a reasonable price.  The new acquisitions are the last five books seen on the right: #18, 20, 21, 22, and 23.







No comments: