Sunday, August 2, 2009

Twitter Update

As I mentioned recently, I joined Twitter in part to check it out but mostly to see if I could use it to promote Bonanzle. I kind of like it, so I believe that I will continue to use it. I have tweeted a few of my Bonanzle items, and I have decided to tweet some other people's items as well. I do not know whether people actually get sales through Twitter, but the tweets definitely bring in visitors. I found out about Twibes recently and told Jenn Fisher about them. She created a Nancy Drew Twibe, which can be found here: http://www.twibes.com/group/nancydrewfans I joined her twibe, and so far, she and I are the only members. What is neat about the twibes is that each twibe has from one to three keywords which are selected by the founder of the twibe. "Nancy Drew" is a keyword of the NancyDrewFans twibe. What this does is that any time a member of the twibe sends a tweet that includes one of the keywords, that member's tweet shows up in the twibe's profile. I like it. I decided to create a twibe. After debating for a bit, I decided to use SeriesBooks. http://www.twibes.com/group/SeriesBooks So far I am the only member, which is not surprising since I just created it. I decided to choose "series books," "Nancy Drew," and "Judy Bolton" as the keywords for my group. I went with Nancy Drew because Nancy Drew is the most popular series to collect. I chose Judy Bolton because the Judy Bolton group is very active on Yahoo! Groups, so it is one of the most popular series to collect. If any of you are on Twitter, I'd love for you to join us. We might be able to have some fun!

No comments: