I was very surprised to be one of the people invited into the eBay Bucks beta program. I read about the new program this week on AuctionBytes:
eBay Bucks Beta Program Launches April 1st
A randomly selected group of eBay users were chosen for the beta program. In the eBay Bucks program, buyers can earn 2% back on all qualifying purchases made on eBay.com. Here are the terms and conditions of the rewards program:
eBay Bucks Rewards Program Terms & Conditions
Quite naturally I read through all of the terms before I accepted the invitation. Even though I have criticized eBay a great deal in this blog, I do still buy a lot on eBay. This rewards program, assuming that it works correctly (ha, ha), will give me cash back in coupons that I can use on future transactions. Every three months eBay will generate a coupon based on the previous three months' worth of transactions, and the recipient will have a certain amount of time in which to redeem the coupon.
Did any of you get the invitation?
Update: I just looked at a listing, and under the amount of time remaining, I now see how many eBay Bucks I will earn based on the current bid price. Neat!
I got the invite, so this should be interesting to see how this pans out...
ReplyDeleteJenn:)
I didn't get it :( and I've spent over $500.00 on ebay in the last 60 days! Buying some things beside books, but most of it was spent on ND books. Speaking of buying so many books...
ReplyDeleteI see now why so many collectors become sellers too. Often the book or books you want are in a lot of books at a reasonable price, but you end up with others you don't really want or need. In the little time I have been actively collecting, I have accumulated a variety if duplicates, books outside the area I am collecting, books that I've upgraded, and mistakes :/ so I probably will try to sell these at some point.
It is kind of a bummer for everyone who is hearing about the program but was not invited. :( The good news is that it sounds like eBay will be letting more people in sometime soon. I don't know if that means in a few weeks or a few months, but they have indicated that eventually everyone will be using the program.
ReplyDeleteCollectors almost have to become sellers by the very nature of collecting. I decided to begin buying Marjorie Dean books in the last month. Since I know the jackets are hard to get, I bought a few bare books that were reasonably priced. A week later, I bought two of them in jacket, so I already have extras!
So many books are offered in lots that the only way to get some books in a reasonable amount of time is to buy some of the larger lots. I have gotten some really good deals on books I have needed that way. I have also gotten some good upgrades at reasonable prices.