Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Book Press Trial Run

I received my book press and selected five books to use in my trial run. I chose two tweed Dana Girls books, a Betty Gordon book, a UK edition Nancy Drew book, and Beverly Gray at the World's Fair. Two of the books are warped and slanted while the other three are just slanted.


   I found it difficult to manipulate all five books into position in the book press. It was hard to straighten the books completely without knocking the other books out of position. I stubbornly kept with my original plan of pressing five books at once in spite of the difficulty.

I am not completely satisfied with how I have the books positioned in the press, but it makes for a good trial run. I feel like it would be much easier to press just one book at a time. Aside from that, I have two ideas about different ways I could position the books in order to make the process easier for me.

I am planning to leave the books in the press until at least sometime on Sunday. At that time, I will remove them to see whether the books are less slanted.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You could have just hired an elephant. LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;o)