Saturday, April 25, 2009

Book Press Update

Two weeks ago, I posted about my book press experiment. This is the photo of the books before I placed them in the book press: I had the books in the press for around three days, and then I removed them. The books had improved, but all of them were still slanted. I then placed three of the books (the bottom three in the photo) back in the press and tried to slant them the other way in order to try to cancel out the original slant. I had those three books in the press for around one to two days. I have forgotten the exact length of time, since it has been nearly two weeks.

 Here is what the books look like now:


 The top two books are the ones that were only in the press the first time, so they really do not look much different. The bottom three books still have slant, but all of them are improved. I feel like the Betty Gordon book improved the most. It is the second book from the bottom in the above photo.

I feel like I could improve the results by leaving the books in the press a bit longer than just a few days. At this point in time, I'm not going to mess with it. I will have more time and energy for this type of endeavor in June, so I will hopefully report back at that time with whatever results I achieve.

The last two weeks have been exhausting, so that is why it took me so long to report back on my experiment.

No comments: