Friday, January 16, 2009

More Mega-Sellers to Block

I did a Nancy Drew search by newest items first and found almost two pages of results hogged by one seller. The seller used to two IDs to list the books, but they were obviously the same person. I blocked both IDs, thus removing around 100 flashlight and recent softcover editions from my search.

I find it curious that two IDs were used. It did mean additional steps to get all of the listings blocked, so that would be a reason why a seller might list with multiple IDs.

Exactly why do people try to sell flashlight edition Nancy Drew books on eBay? There are so many of them listed that the likelihood of success is minimal.

This is my list of blocked sellers:

buy,primemediaking,the-video-bin,sysqsystems,scrowe,bacobook,
h4book,books-fyi,greatbuybooks2,hippo_books,the_tome_home,
crispmovies,craeckerle,powells_bookstore,universalathenaeum
ub123auctions,fetchadisc,massbookstore-online

It keeps getting longer and longer.

1 comment:

Jenn Fisher said...

I totally agree--they can be purchased new in the bookstores, and even though they might sell them more cheaply on eBay, the listing/end/Pay Pal fees would eat them up in single listings if selling cheap. To me, it's not worth it unless it's a large set. I used to constantly contact eBay to ask them to set up categories for Nancy Drew--vintage/new and broken down into more specific but they never listened so I gave up.

Jenn:)