Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Nancy Drew Mystery of the Seven Keys Game + Nancy Drew Action Figures and Novella

Her Interactive has announced that its 34th game, Mystery of the Seven Keys, will be released on May 7.

View the game trailer

The game will be available via download on May 7.  Her Interactive is working on a plan to offer a limited number of physical copies.

Physical copy information

One year ago, Wandering Planet Toys ran a Kickstarter campaign for Nancy Drew action figures.  I wrote two blog posts about the campaign.

Nancy Drew Action Figures Kickstarter

Last Chance for the Kickstarter

I wrote the second post as the Kickstarter neared the end.  I wanted to give people a warning about the campaign's end in hope that a few people who missed the previous notice would see it.  On Facebook immediately after the campaign was announced as over, multiple people expressed disappointment that they had missed it.  It's easy to miss something like this.



The Kickstarter was for the Nancy Drew action figures plus some extra collectible items, including an action figure stand and a limited edition novella.

This is the stand:


This is the novella:


The action figures have been made, and the novella has been printed.  Orders will ship soon.

Here's the link to a video showing the novella.

Nancy Drew novella unboxing


Now, if you're reading this and are dismayed that you missed out, don't despair.  There should be some leftover action figures that will be sold online.  I don't know how limited the quantity will be.  If you aren't able to get any of the leftover figures once they are available, some of the backers purchased extras. 

I don't think I purchased extra action figures, but I did purchase one of every variation.  I'm not sure if I will keep everything.

The novella will not be offered in stores and was a one-off print run.  No more copies will be printed.  But still, there's no need to despair!  I purchased extra novellas, and I'm certain that others did as well.  I considered it important to order extra novellas since the only copies that would ever be printed would be for the pre-orders.  With extras purchased, more copies exist and collectors who missed out on the Kickstarter will have a greater chance of acquiring one.

No comments: