Saturday, May 13, 2023

Last Chance to Get the Nancy Drew Novella + Recreated Jackets and a Musical

Just four days remain for the Kickstarter for the Nancy Drew action figures.  The fans who back the project are the only ones who have a chance to get a copy of the new Nancy Drew novella.

Nancy Drew Retro-Style Action Figures and an All-New Novella


The novella will be hardcover, and the cover art is by Ruth Sanderson.  The book will be written by one of Simon & Schuster's Carolyn Keene ghostwriters.  You must make a pledge in order to get the novella.  You can pledge for just one of the action figures and then can add the novella as well. 

The novella will not be offered in stores. The only way to get it is through the Kickstarter.

There are also some other exclusives offered through the Kickstarter as well, but I consider the novella to be the most significant of the three and the one that collectors would most regret missing out on.

....................................................

Collector George Beatty has started a Facebook group devoted to reproduction dust jackets.  The group is currently set to public.

Boys and Girls Series from the Past

George is selling reproduction dust jackets.  I believe his price is $15 per jacket.  George's contact information can be found in the comments section of some of the posts.  Keep in mind that George has an expensive printer, and ink is expensive as well.  George is not profiting from the reproduction dust jackets.

....................................................

Finally, a Nancy Drew musical is in the works.

Nancy Drew and the Mystery at Spotlight Manor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! All of this is so cool!!! I wouldn't have a clue! Ha Ha! If it weren't for your wonderful Facebook page and Blog! And it's great that you connect them and make them open to the public since I don't have a facebook account! Best Wishes!!!

mcg said...

Darn! I’m very disappointed that I just read about this and can’t make a pledge. ☹️. Would have loved to get a ND collectible figure and the novella

Is there any possibility that I could still participate?

mcg said...

Darn! I’m very disappointed that I just read about this and can’t make a pledge. ☹️. Would have loved to get a ND collectible figure and the novella

Is there any possibility that I could still participate?

Jennifer White said...

I don't think so, but many of us pledged for duplicates. I pledged for the maximum number of novellas, which I believe was five. I certainly don't need five of them. I can't remember what I did with the action figures, but I know I won't keep everything.

I have no doubt that other people pledged for extras as well, so the novellas and action figures will show up in the online marketplaces after they have been shipped to buyers. We knew that the action figures wouldn't get made if the project wasn't funded, so many of us pledged for extras to get it funded. So even though you missed out, there should be some come up for sale later. They are projected to be available next summer.