Sunday, February 19, 2023

Boxing Up Unlisted Extras + Selling Update

I have begun the process of boxing up some of my unlisted extra books in order to free up shelf space.  After I filled each box, I wrote on the top and side what I placed in each box.









The books that I chose to box were chosen for a reason.  I tried to go with sets of like books and with some books (like the upgraded ND PCs) that I want to make sure that I keep shelved together and not mixed in with other books.  Boxing the books keeps them together until I once again have shelf space for them.

I have made sure not to box books that could go to bulk lots.  Whenever I begin selling again, I will likely want to put together bulk lots with books that aren't fit to sell individually.  Those books must stay where I can see them.

For instance, the Nancy Drew and Tom Swift books about which I posted today on Facebook will not be boxed.

Nancy Drew and Tom Swift Books

While the cigarette odor is nearly gone, I don't want to box the books up with no access to air circulation.  Secondly, some of the books will go to bulk lots, so they need to stay out with the other candidates for bulk lots.

I finished working on my website migration yesterday.  I went into Turbify and cancelled my Yahoo! website starter accounts that I had had for 20 some years. 

I learned yesterday that they really were still my old Yahoo! accounts.  I knew that my payments were taken each month by Aabaco, which was one of the previous Yahoo! brands.  I went into PayPal to cancel the automatic payment permissions as a failsafe after I cancelled on Turbify.  Look what I found.
Huh.  It seems that my payments were still going to Yahoo!.  I don't get it, because I found a blurb online about the small business web hosting being sold last year to Turbify.  

Notice the appalling amount that I was being charged for each of the three sites.  Yes, multiple $24.98 by three.  My charges each month on GoDaddy for all three sites combined will be around $20 total, which is quite a savings.  

Companies always do this with legacy accounts.  They charge them too much since the accounts have been around forever.  Why?  Because they know they can.  The customers with the legacy accounts are either not paying attention or don't want to bother with changing.  The companies take advantage of those customers.

For years, I've had this nagging feeling, knowing that I was being charged too much and knowing that I needed to get the sites on another platform where I had control of the situation.  It was a massive amount of work, but I have finally done it.  

I exhausted myself, and my brain is fried.  I caught a virus around February 4, and it caused a significant autoimmune flare.  I got a little better, but then the extra website work of last week has caused another flare.  I thought my memory was bad last month; now it's even worse.  I am making a lot of mistakes.  I have cringed about a few online gaffes from the last week.  Oh, well.  I've gotten pretty used to embarrassing myself during flares and even sometimes when not in a flare.  

My next thyroid appointment is on March 7.  I feel certain that I am once again at a deficit and think it likely that my medication will be increased again.

I had mentioned previously that I would resume selling sometime between March and late May.  My hope had been to resume in mid-March during spring break, but I'm now leaning strongly towards waiting until about the time school lets out in May.

Finally, I have quit reading again.  I was so close to finishing John Benton's books, but I haven't read since I caught the virus on February 4.  Perhaps I can begin reading again soon.  Or perhaps not.  I have other concerns right now.

No comments: