Saturday, July 31, 2021

Recent Book Purchases Late July 2021

I really want to avoid purchasing bulk lots of books right now.  I don't want to end up with boxes and boxes of books by the time that I reopen my stores.  In case you missed my recent posts, I will be closing both of my stores tomorrow for a few months.  Last year I closed for seven months and ended up with around 20 boxes of books in addition to overflowing bookcases.  While this year's closure should be shorter, I could still end up with boxes of books.  I hope to avoid accumulating too many extra books.

This month I have been good about resisting the temptation to purchase most bulk lots that I would normally purchase.  I have given in on a few.  I couldn't resist this lot of hardcover Hardy Boys Digest books.







Astonishing... The photos landed where I wanted them and in the order I wanted them.

The books are library discards but they don't have any stickers on the outside.  For that reason, I had to have the books.  Library stickers can typically be removed from the outside of books, but I've had a lot of trouble with many of them in the last few years.  I love that these books don't have the stickers.  The books are also in my favorite format.  I am keeping every single one of them and will eventually sell the ones I already had, most of which still have the library stickers on them.

I have been staying out of local stores for the most part.  For the first time in a month, I decided to check a few stores.  I am currently very strict about what I purchase in order to avoid acquiring too many extras.  These books came home with me.








This time the photos landed in reverse order on two attempts.  On the third attempt, I uploaded one photo only.  I opened the uploader again and selected the rest.  They landed in the correct order.  That's what I did with the first group unintentionally.  I'll try it again next time, just in case I've found a way to get the new Blogger interface to work.  

I purchased most of the Nancy Drew Twin Thriller books.  I left behind a few that had some flaws.  The Drina books are a ballet series from the UK.  I also purchased Becky Bryan's Secret and a high-numbered Nancy Drew flashlight edition.  I always think of an infamous local woman named Becky Bryan whenever I see the Becky Bryan book.

The R. L. Stine books were a real find, although not cheap.  I prefer not to reveal the exact price of the books since I will be selling them.  I had to look up the Seniors books on eBay to make sure, since I didn't want to pay too much for the books.  When I saw that a few of them sold for $25 each, I knew that purchasing the books would not be a loss.

R. L. Stine book prices are crazy right now.  The books are in high demand due to the Netflix movie trilogy.  The books aren't easy to find, and I'm lucky to have found any.  The store only put them out the day before I purchased them.  

I hope that I can avoid finding too many other "must have" books so that my extra books don't pile up too much in the next few months.  

No comments: