Monday, February 4, 2008

Betty Gordon and the Peabodys

When Betty and Bob left Bramble Farm during Betty Gordon in Washington, it troubled me that they left Mrs. Peabody behind with her mean, miserly husband. I felt like it was a stray loose end that needed tying. The one common thread through most all series books is that unhappy people who deserve happiness always manage to achieve some level of happiness. I wanted so much for something to happen to make things better for Mrs. Peabody!

During Betty Gordon in Mexican Wilds, Betty and Bob briefly revisit the Peabodys at Bramble Farm. They don't stay with the Peabodys; after all, Mr. Peabody hates them, and they are hardly welcome at the farm. Rather, Betty and Bob stay with Dr. Guerin and his family and go with Dr. Guerin one afternoon to Bramble Farm. I was very pleased that during Betty and Bob's brief visit with Mr. Peabody a confrontation occurred that resulted in Mrs. Peabody finally having something go right for her. I won't get into the specifics here as I don't want to spoil any details. The end result is that Mrs. Peabody's situation at the farm was going to be better from that point on and that she would have to put up with less out of Mr. Peabody.

I am so pleased that the series finally tied up that one loose end from the first two books.

No comments: