Wednesday, April 1, 2009

eBay Bucks Beta Program

I was very surprised to be one of the people invited into the eBay Bucks beta program. I read about the new program this week on AuctionBytes:

eBay Bucks Beta Program Launches April 1st

A randomly selected group of eBay users were chosen for the beta program. In the eBay Bucks program, buyers can earn 2% back on all qualifying purchases made on eBay.com. Here are the terms and conditions of the rewards program:

eBay Bucks Rewards Program Terms & Conditions

Quite naturally I read through all of the terms before I accepted the invitation. Even though I have criticized eBay a great deal in this blog, I do still buy a lot on eBay. This rewards program, assuming that it works correctly (ha, ha), will give me cash back in coupons that I can use on future transactions. Every three months eBay will generate a coupon based on the previous three months' worth of transactions, and the recipient will have a certain amount of time in which to redeem the coupon.

Did any of you get the invitation?

Update: I just looked at a listing, and under the amount of time remaining, I now see how many eBay Bucks I will earn based on the current bid price. Neat!

3 comments:

Jenn Fisher said...

I got the invite, so this should be interesting to see how this pans out...

Jenn:)

Paula said...

I didn't get it :( and I've spent over $500.00 on ebay in the last 60 days! Buying some things beside books, but most of it was spent on ND books. Speaking of buying so many books...

I see now why so many collectors become sellers too. Often the book or books you want are in a lot of books at a reasonable price, but you end up with others you don't really want or need. In the little time I have been actively collecting, I have accumulated a variety if duplicates, books outside the area I am collecting, books that I've upgraded, and mistakes :/ so I probably will try to sell these at some point.

Jennifer White said...

It is kind of a bummer for everyone who is hearing about the program but was not invited. :( The good news is that it sounds like eBay will be letting more people in sometime soon. I don't know if that means in a few weeks or a few months, but they have indicated that eventually everyone will be using the program.

Collectors almost have to become sellers by the very nature of collecting. I decided to begin buying Marjorie Dean books in the last month. Since I know the jackets are hard to get, I bought a few bare books that were reasonably priced. A week later, I bought two of them in jacket, so I already have extras!

So many books are offered in lots that the only way to get some books in a reasonable amount of time is to buy some of the larger lots. I have gotten some really good deals on books I have needed that way. I have also gotten some good upgrades at reasonable prices.