Sunday, June 29, 2008

RARE Books on eBay

I decided to troll the completed listings to see what kind of RARE books I could find:

Nancy Drew - The Bungalow Mystery - 1960 Possibly Rare Item #220243209082

The "possibly rare" in the title caught my attention. The description states, "Though I have seen a few copies of this book with the dust jacket and plain blue hard cover, I haven't seen any books like this one where the art is directly on the book." Hmm, he or she must not have looked too extensively. I would venture to say that it is probably easier to get the picture cover books than the books with dust jackets.

............................................................

TRIXIE BELDEN- MYSTERY OF THE MISSING HEIRESS #16 RARE Item #320264762947

This one is definitely not RARE. This is an ordinary softcover Trixie Belden book that is rather easy to find.

............................................................

I notice that I am finding fewer listings with RARE in the title for the completed listings of series books other than Nancy Drew. So perhaps I should conclude that there are more RARE Nancy Drew books than there are for other series.

More likely it means that the Nancy Drew books are not as RARE as the other series books since there are more RARE ones in the listings. What I mean is that Nancy Drew books are more abundant than other series books, which is why there are more RARE Nancy Drew listings; therefore, the Nancy Drew books are not as RARE even when they are listed as RARE. Get it?

No comments: