Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Busy Time of Year

Spring is a busy time of year for me, and this year I have sufficient distractions to keep me from reading as much as I usually do. Another core interest I have is everything about the fictional hero, Zorro, and a Zorro telenovela airs five nights per week on Telemundo until the middle of summer. Currently, the shows are 90 minutes long and will probably return to 60 minutes long in a week. Needless to say, the telenovela is taking up most all of the time in which I normally read. I have started to read the Susan Sand series, but it is going very slowly due to lack of time. It seems that I read a chapter during one sitting around a couple of times per week. That's it. Unless I speed it up a lot, it will be awhile before I get through the series. I am near the end of the second book at this time. My current feeling is that the Susan Sand series is like a parody of Nancy Drew. I have acquired some nice new foreign and library editions as well as two Riddle Club dust jackets that I did not previously have and upgraded a third Riddle Club dust jacket. As time and energy allows, I will place scans on my site. Next week, I do get a week off of work, so I expect that I will get some of the scans added at that time. I may even manage to read most of the Susan Sand books.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your site in search of Dana Girls Series,I collect Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew,and Dana Girls.
I live around 100 miles south of where Leslie McFarland was born
I am a retired College Prof. with Biology as my background but ended up teaching Math.I have 6 of the RED Hardy boys and would like to finish off to #11,anyway great site

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer. I was searching for Nancy Drew so I could list the ones I have on my LiveJournal, and came across your website.

Have you ever read the "Meg Mysteries" by Holly Beth Walker? There were only 6 written of which I have 5. They are quite good.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Just a note....your Girl's Series site is lovely! Also dangerous....I see a couple of series I'd never heard of, and now have to have. Arrrggghhh!!! :-)

Keep adding though...I'm brave, and my bookcases are sturdy!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm here via searching for background info on Sally Baxter (having read theHoliday Family book), and found your excellent and informative serise books site, which lead me here. I love that you're discussing Susan Sand. I bought three copies of her adventures/mysteries in the late eighties/early nineties in a shop that then closed down. Even then, it did strike me as a child that the shadow of Nancy Drew loomed large over the series.