Over a year ago, I posted about my quest to find all of the Keeper of the Lost Cities books in first printing copies. I found a first printing of #2 early last year, and that left me with just #1 to find.
It took a year to finally get there.
In late March, I found two copies of #1 in first printing copies, one of which was signed.
It was pretty exciting to finally find a signed copy of the true first printing of #1. The series was unknown at that time, and it's been apparent from my online searches that the first print run of #1 was quite small.
Also, I've been kicking around some other theories. This has to do with some characters mentioned/featured in #9.5 Unraveled. This post will be designated as spoiler-free, so I'll be vague. If you've read Unraveled, then you know that late in the story Keefe has an interaction with a character on the streets of London. I think I've figured something out. It just clicked yesterday.
I have two new Keeper posts written. One involves the KotLC fan echo chamber where the "group think" ideas are all that can be discussed. The other one explains what I now think about two certain Keeper characters. I may not get those posts published for a couple weeks. Whenever I have new thoughts, I like to mull them over and edit them until I have them the way I want.
All of my past Keeper posts are linked from this page:
Keeper of the Lost Cities Summaries, Reviews, and Theories



random question but do u remember where u found the signed copy?
ReplyDeleteIt was on eBay. I see that several signed copies of Keeper books are on eBay right now. You can also search other sites like AbeBooks. If you go to AbeBooks' Advanced Search page, you can search for "Shannon Messenger" books and also click on the box for signed. There are a number of signed copies available right now.
Deletethat's so cool! i actually think that may have been my copy of it
Deletei donated some books awhile ago and i think i accidentally put it in there
shannon messenger came to my elementary school in the 2017-2018 school year (i was in 4th grade) and signed my book :)